DubsNorth

Vermont Based VW & Audi Club
It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:24 pm 

Hi there. I used to live in Plattsburgh a number of years ago and I would occasionally post to this forum. Since I moved back to Ithaca, NY I have recently started up my own activist forum located here:

http://www.fingerlakesactivists.com/

I am also using phpbb3 to run the forum and I would like to incorporate a couple of features that you are running here. There are two things. First of all... where did you get all the great smilies to use? I can't seem to be able to find a good set of them anywhere? Second, I notice that in "The Lounge" category within the "Discussions" category, there is a picture of a couch next to the category title. I am just wondering how you were able to get that little picture of a couch to show up there? I like that little modification quite a bit. Anyway, it was this website that inspired me to get my own forum off the ground. I always liked the look of this forum and I thought it would be a lot of fun to get my own forum going especially since it is great for getting people connected and talking with each other. Please let me know and please keep up the great work!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:18 am 
DN Admin
DN Admin

Just got back in town.

I put together the smilies package myself based on browsing the internet for .gif images (small) via a Google search and saving the ones I wanted. Some I grabbed from other forums.

Adding an image to a forum.

1. Forums tab
2. Click on the green gear (edit forum) on the forum to add the image
3. There is a section called Forum Image; type in the name of the image (i.e. for the Lounge section, I entered "lounge.gif"); it is relative to the root directory. The root directory is http://www.dubsnorth.org/forum/ in the case of these forums.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]