DubsNorth

Vermont Based VW & Audi Club
It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:15 pm 
DN Admin
DN Admin

Anthony: Trophy place I mentioned is www.vermontawards.com

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:54 pm 
DN Member
DN Member

A mobile chassis dyno based out of NH. Not sure if we really wanted to pursue it but here is the website link: http://www.brandxperformance.com/index.htm

It's $75 for 3 pulls and that includes the travel expenses up to 50miles; $1.25 per mile after that. So it would be aprx $162 extra to get it there.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 6:15 am 

good info Jake, Thanks for looking that up!

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:27 am 
DN Admin
DN Admin

If we have enough interest to have a dyno there two days, and if it this service, they might waive the mileage due to volume.

Determine prices after determine cost:

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:19 pm 
DN Member
DN Member

ABAinA1 wrote:
good info Jake, Thanks for looking that up!

NP

Rabbit Farmer wrote:
If we have enough interest to have a dyno there two days, and if it this service, they might waive the mileage due to volume.

Determine prices after determine cost:

Good point!

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:39 am 

A dyno is ALWAYS a good time... that attracts people. Someone should call them and talk to them about holding that date so they don't get pre-booked at some other thing.... that is if that's the dyno place we want to come run.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:57 am 

Hi all! First off, thank you Steve for setting this discussion up and for having us at your home for the meeting.

As for the Dyno, I do like the idea but we need to be sure that we are going to have enough people spending money for it. It is really hard to know if people will or not. We could have a pre-registration for it but it might not be good because we might get low numbers and still have to have the dyno there. Once you say you have something, you need to go through with it.

Look at last year's pre-registration, we had low numbers and did it reflect the actual show numbers, No. So, we might get a bunch of people to do the Dyno or not. It's tricky. Though, how sick would it be to see an Aircooled on the Dyno pulling crazy numbers!

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:52 pm 

if people pre-register for the dyno, then we can get them up here... if there's enough interest, as someone else stated, they might waive the fee's because they'll make good business. I still think a Dyno is a good idea... it's something big at the show... and people might wanna try it. if it's an AWD dyno, i'd throw the subaru on there to see how it does.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:28 am 
DN Member
DN Member

We could just do it for one day and if there is a lot of interests then we could do it for both days the following year!

2002 Golf 337 sold....

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:31 am 

I would be more then willing to split the cost of the dyno for a day (possibly 2 if they are willing to stay another day) with some other people... if 3-4 people wanna split the cost, it'd cost us all like 30-50 bucks... definitely more then worth it... but we need to decide ASAP because we need to get pre-registering started ASAP as well.sooner we advertise it, sooner it gets out in the world that we'll have one there.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:47 am 
DN Admin
DN Admin

Willing to split the cost of dyno. My vote is to get on their calendar. Talk about cost. Perhaps zero cost to event but they keep all profits. Or somewhere in between.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:02 am 

you are willing to split the cost? anyone else wanna split the cost? Anthony, sounds like we're having a Dyno!

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:03 am 

Jeepr21 wrote:
you are willing to split the cost? anyone else wanna split the cost? Anthony, sounds like we're having a Dyno!

I'm down with a Dyno as long as we don't lose money.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:00 am 

someone on VWvortex has asked about an update on hotel accommodations... I told them i'd get an update... Has anyone called some of the local hotels to find out rates? maybe try and get some discounts for people attending the show (ie, show them the pre-reg. ticket/ticket and get 10% off a night or something)... they might go with it but who knows. I definitely wanna promote the camping.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:12 pm 
DN Admin
DN Admin

Have a conversation with the dyno to determine the cost.

Yes, I am willing to chip in.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next