DubsNorth

Vermont Based VW & Audi Club
It is currently Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:09 am 
DN Member
DN Member

Jeepr21 wrote:
someone on VWvortex has asked about an update on hotel accommodations... I told them i'd get an update... Has anyone called some of the local hotels to find out rates? maybe try and get some discounts for people attending the show (ie, show them the pre-reg. ticket/ticket and get 10% off a night or something)... they might go with it but who knows. I definitely wanna promote the camping.

Actually I just posted on there letting him know that there are 2 hotels that Anthony (I'm guessing) got a discount for all wolfsgart guys. It's on the website: http://www.wolfsgart.com/accommodations.html

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:18 am 

nice! good work!

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:17 pm 
DN Member
DN Member

One thing I wanted to suggest at the last meeting is maybe we could have some comment/suggestions boxes around the show. So people can tell us what the think... and maybe that will help with future shows and keep in touch with people at the event ....

2002 Golf 337 sold....

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:04 am 

that's a sweet idea. :bigthumb:

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:39 am 

Corradovr6 17 wrote:
One thing I wanted to suggest at the last meeting is maybe we could have some comment/suggestions boxes around the show. So people can tell us what the think... and maybe that will help with future shows and keep in touch with people at the event ....

Great idea!

Also, here is the latest news for the public

PRE-REGISTRATION is NOW OPEN!!!
http://www.wolfsgart.com/registration.html

Get the discounted rate if you wear your WOLFSGART T-Shirt to the SHOW!!!

WOLFSGART T-Shirt are now ON SALE on our website:
http://www.wolfsgart.com/shirts.html

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:54 am 

So if someone pre-registers they don't get the discount for the t-shirt??? this is going to get confusing down the road!!!!

Multiple scenerios play out here:
Pre-pay W/t-shirt
Pre-Pay W/O t-shirt
Non Pre-pay W/T-shirt
Non Pre-pay W/O T-shirt

You should put another thing together for a package buy ... Buy 1 ticket + 1 t-shirt for $xx.xx, 2 tickets + 2 T-shirts for $XX.XX... or whatever combo... then you get pre-ordered t-shirts so you don't make a ton of left overs.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:23 am 

I inquired about the dyno. Is anyone else willing to split the cost with me and steve? to bad it's not AWD :( I would of liked to put my subaru on it.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:47 pm 
DN Admin
DN Admin

How much is the dyno?

I finally got my computer back. Old video card (GT8800) fried.... replaced it with GTX480 and Windows7. This should be fun. Zero programs installed.... ack!

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:50 am 

you could play some serious BFBC2! or some Portal 2!

I haven't heard back from the guy but I'm our calculated price mentioned earlier should be pretty accurate if they're website pricing is true.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:08 pm 
DN Admin
DN Admin

BFBC2 was running great on my old car... looking forward to the new card. Still downloading my games from Steam... that is slow.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 2:05 pm 

What's your SN on steam? Dare you to play Minecraft (non-steam game).

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 3:00 pm 
DN Admin
DN Admin

Hopefully we can get the dyno to work out for this event. Something fun that can occur without us having to do anything. An announcer is needed to give people some blow by blow observations and the final numbers. Do the Stig board to rank people's wHP. (perhaps wHP/number of cylinders)

Steve

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 8:08 pm 
DN Member
DN Member

Rabbit Farmer wrote:
Do the Stig board to rank people's wHP. (perhaps wHP/number of cylinders)

Great idea!

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 9:47 pm 
DN Admin
DN Admin

Let's make this dyno thing happen.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:50 am 

So I emailed the guy and asked his price... not good. Here's what he wrote:
"Hi Philp.
The power needed to operate the dyno is just 110 volt (I wasn't sure if he needed more then an outlet). There is a transportation fee of 350.00 to your destination (there and back I'm assuming), and a 20 car minimum per day (Don't recall seeing that in the website), we have found the best way to meet the minimum cars is to preregister them and collect the payment of 75.00 each. yes only a 2 wheel drive dyno (I inquired about an AWD dyno). If you decide to have us we will need a check for the transportation to secure the date. Thank you for your interest"

So basically they'll bank almost $2k to be at the event.... assuming we can get 20+ cars to sign up for the dyno.... which in my mind is to late because it should have been advertised way way way in advanced...

So unless more people split the cost of the dyno, and we get "sign up for the dyno now!" on the website TODAY, I don't see it happening... And even if we put it up on the website, we can have people pay ahead but if we don't meet 20 cars, we'll have to give out refunds... at this point getting it most likely will be out of the question... isn't Nate getting a Dyno in his new shop?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next