DubsNorth

Vermont Based VW & Audi Club
It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: A Clean Car Shrine
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:17 pm 
DN Member
DN Member

I just got a some-what reasonable idea, but its not that great so if you want to shoot it down, then shoot away.

I was just thinking about DN members' cars and realizing that our projects are really paying off. We have some really nice looking cars in the club. Bryce, Jodi, Gavin, and Jarms are good examples. Their cars look like they belong in a Vw magazine (quiet Jodi). So I was thinking why not make a Best of DN page? Like something for the public to see online to attract members and attention for the club. I don't mean to say that because their cars are clean, they're better, but it certantly would turn some heads.

We could have a little blurb about the car, saying when the project was finished, what car shows they've been in and what credit the car or creator has been given.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:31 pm 
DN Admin
DN Admin

Good time for a good photo-op for all the 'nice' cars and I can put the group picture on the home page. All for it. Good idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:50 am 
DN Member
DN Member

yes, i like that idea for a photo op of some of DN's car to update our home page. the other one has been up for some time now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:46 am 
Skipper
Skipper

As great as that idea sounds, it's got some flaws, that have been proven by past club experience.

While we all agree that Jodi's, Bryce's, and Gavin's cars are exceptional, there will be a lot of disagreement on other's cars.

There's always disagreement about what counts as making it so, and some people will get upset when their car doesn't make the cut. I think it might cause drama.

Post subject: re
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:15 am 
DN Member
DN Member

for the "dear pete" section i was thinging of doing a twist on the autobigraphy on the tex, and 24 hours to live from maium, like 24 minutes with such and such, that way everyone and their car gets "coverage" at some point... how to choose is another story, and as chris said, the 1st proposal created much drama last time brought up, like 4+ years ago....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:50 am 
Skipper
Skipper

The nice thing about the "Dear Pete" section, is that no one can argue over the choices Pete makes, and it's guarenteed to be humorous! :D

But if people can somehow agree on a featured car section, then I'm sure that'd be a great addition as well. Most likely out on the main page and not on the forums.

Post subject: re
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:50 pm 
DN Member
DN Member

i can write and interview and maybe joe could shoot the cars... dunno... could be a drect link from main to forums... intreweebs is kooky like that...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:32 pm 
DN Admin
DN Admin

I wasn't thinking about the COTM mentality, just a group picture. Show up for the photo-op and you'll be in the picture. The DN GTG/Pho-opt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:14 pm 

how about a rotating picture on the main page..take like 20 pics er so and have them go through randomly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:28 am 
Skipper
Skipper

A group pic would be good. Perhaps taken at Oktoberfast?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:04 pm 
DN Admin
DN Admin

I won't be at O-fast. (I don't think). Family coming from out of town

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]