DubsNorth

Vermont Based VW & Audi Club
It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:32 am 

I know theres still snow on the ground, but its never to early to think about a car show. Hi, how are you all doing, I'm Kevin. over the last couple months I've been gathering info and trying to plan a car show. there used to be one every year in johnson, it was wicked fun, you could get parts, looks at cars, and talk to VW "geniuses". I had a blast. Well, there hasnt been one for a few years, and I plan to change that this year. I have a list of names I need to contact, grounds control, catering, sponsors, the usual, but I'm wondering if people like the idea. I was thinking mid to late summer, probly in between waterfest and H20i. some ideas I thought of were, awards/trophies, entertainment/music, a cruise, BBQ, swap meet, just an overall good time. obviously this wouldnt be a DN only show, and I would encourge any and every Euro enthuisist to come. well, post up opinions, ideas and questions.

Fees

Admission: $5.00

Entering a car: $15.00 which includes driver admission

Camping: $8.00 per night for a tent, $20.00 to use the dumping station

Swap Meet: $15.00 to set a booth up to sell parts

Saturday car cruise FREE!!!! bring your own food on Saturday.

Car Show & Swap Meet Sunday September 14th
Car Cruise on Saturday September 13th
Camping Friday-Sunday September 12th-14th

http://www.thejohnsonshow.com

Last edited by ABAinA1 on Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:29 am 
DN Member
DN Member

http://dubsnorth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6701

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:33 pm 

thanks for the link, however the last time someone wrote anything on that was sept. did we get past the "thats a good idea" stage? whats the next step? I live 6 miles from field days, and can be in contact with the F.D. "staff". anyone have any solid plans or info yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:38 pm 
DN Member
DN Member

trail went dead after attemting to contact the original event cordinator went unreturned/cold... VTGTI and DieGTI are the best to ask.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:40 pm 

I know the president of field days, I can call her and ask what was done in the past. we can start from scrach, and like I said, with a little work, I think it could be big.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:47 pm 
DN Member
DN Member

ABAinA1 wrote:
I know the president of field days, I can call her and ask what was done in the past. we can start from scrach, and like I said, with a little work, I think it could be big.

it was the premier NE show... opreative werd was...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:48 pm 
DN Member
DN Member

Ive never been to a Johnson show, but from what Ive heard its always been a great time. And I think that a major VW show in VT would kick ass. VT is such a VW freindly environment with nice twisty mountain roads and views to match.

But it seems like every time people try to start up the Johnson show by contacting the older organizers, everything goes dead. I say just try to organize things ourselves and invite the Maine peoples, Canadian, MA and CT clubs that we know of along with local VT air cooled clubs, they bring a lot of history and "coolness factor" to the show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:50 pm 
DN Member
DN Member

J17Pierson wrote:
Ive never been to a Johnson show, but from what Ive heard its always been a great time. And I think that a major VW show in VT would kick ass. VT is such a VW freindly environment with nice twisty mountain roads and views to match.

But it seems like every time people try to start up the Johnson show by contacting the older organizers, everything goes dead. I say just try to organize things ourselves and invite the Maine peoples, Canadian, MA and CT clubs that we know of along with local VT air cooled clubs, they bring a lot of history and "coolness factor" to the show.

well put

EDIT:- this is my 3400 post.. i think i have under 200 on that major douchebag site

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:11 pm 

The Johnson VW show was definitely cool. It was nice to have a local gathering. I remember the last one I went to was in 2002. Here are two old random pics for the hell of it.

some might recognize this car:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:54 pm 

it sounds like everyones for it so far, so I'm "officially" starting the process. I will keep everyone updated on new info. if anyone wants to help thats awesome, and to everyone, INPUT! the show is for all of us, so speak up, if you wanna see something there, say so!

if you need to contact me

E-mail ABAinA1@yahoo.com
Phone 802 279-5046

Kevin Lapan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:56 pm 
DN Member
DN Member

dsldubn wrote:
The Johnson VW show was definitely cool. It was nice to have a local gathering. I remember the last one I went to was in 2002. Here are two old random pics for the hell of it.

blue a2 is now cheese', before that ninja steve, before that, the manager at rocky's williston the tall gangily ginger, before that ed doyle, before that jodi... it's the one next to the orange (mars red) '84 gli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:36 pm 
DN Member
DN Member

A Vermont dub show would be great. I never got to go to the Johnson show. If you need or want a band to play I've got one in mined they are awesome. They play like 80's rock mixed with some new stuff. Let me know.

Let use know what you need help with and I'm sure one of us to give a hand.

Joe

2002 Golf 337 sold....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:30 pm 

DubsNorth had a good showing there in Sept. 04

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:23 pm 
DN Member
DN Member

HardIce2447 wrote:
DubsNorth had a good showing there in Sept. 04

I was there too.

im going to sticky this so it stays on top. lets get this done this year!

Germans take a stupid idea and refine it to where it works beautifully. Americans take a brillant idea and cheapen it until it sucks. Italians make it beautiful, but might not work. Brits make it ugly, and it might not work. Japanese copy whatever works

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:34 pm 
DN Member
DN Member

What month should the show be? Was it usually in mid/late September? Also we have to make sure to not double date the show with other big new england show that we can get the max number of cars possible.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next