DubsNorth

Vermont Based VW & Audi Club
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:18 pm 
Turbo VR6 Master
Turbo VR6 Master

Did my part and posted it on Montrealracing.com - some of those guys that used to come down when the show was put on previously may be interested in visiting. :o)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:05 am 

I posted the info at my club www.montreal-vdubbing.com. Hopefully we'll get a few folks from Montreal to come down.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:05 pm 
DN Admin
DN Admin

I just realized that I can't go... it is the same weekend as Ascutney... unsure how I missed that before. Darn it. The two SMC shows that DN hosted were on the Ascutney hillclimb weekend also. Vermont Dub shows just aren't working out for me.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:09 pm 
DN Member
DN Member

Rabbit Farmer wrote:
I just realized that I can't go... it is the same weekend as Ascutney... unsure how I missed that before. Darn it. The two SMC shows that DN hosted were on the Ascutney hillclimb weekend also. Vermont Dub shows just aren't working out for me.

well your hillclimb schedule sucks. how much better do you plan on being then the last time you raced? i mean really?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:58 pm 
DN Admin
DN Admin

Well, at the last 4 Ascutneys, I have driven my green race Rabbit, then the stockish Golf 1.8t (stock at time), then the first crazy race Rabbit this year and now the turbo bunny... so, it will be a different ride each time.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:41 am 
DN Member
DN Member

I had a great time, a big thanks and well done to Kevin and John and Judy Kaiser for getting this going again. The weather wasn't the best and it was the first show in awhile, but there was still a decent turnout and some good times, with no D-baggery that I could see. I hope the Field Days folks are happy with the whole deal, I would like to see this happen again next year.

Played out and hated in the North Country

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:06 pm 
DN Member
DN Member

I belive John and Judy Kaiser , are out for next year, so if people want to see this happen we are going to need to help.

Germans take a stupid idea and refine it to where it works beautifully. Americans take a brillant idea and cheapen it until it sucks. Italians make it beautiful, but might not work. Brits make it ugly, and it might not work. Japanese copy whatever works

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:08 pm 
DN Member
DN Member

I belive John and Judy Kaiser , are out for next year, so if people want to see this happen we are going to need to help.

Germans take a stupid idea and refine it to where it works beautifully. Americans take a brillant idea and cheapen it until it sucks. Italians make it beautiful, but might not work. Brits make it ugly, and it might not work. Japanese copy whatever works

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:32 pm 

Yah I had a good time and now my girl friend wants to work on her car for next year :woo:

When do we know if we get the ok for the following year? Can we have a post show gtg to discuss how things went and what needs to change? I know its way early just want to be a part of it next year

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:06 am 

Hi guys,

The show went pretty good considering the weather, which is always a determining factor at any show. I believe Field Days (the site host) put away $2500 bucks and will put it towards next years show.
A few improvments need to be made with judging. Really need to have all classes judged by people who can take the time and really walk around and see what is going on. Many ballots came back less than one quarter filled out. Also some people did not display their window card and therefore never got judged at all. Example is that nice copper, orange colored buggy in with the baja and trike. With no card, no win, and no trophy. It's too bad I feel he should have taken the class. After the show he proceeded to tear up the field doing doughnuts and ruining it for us all. The people in charge at Field Days were not impressed.
Another, and the biggest problem, was lack of help on Saturday and Sunday. And the fact that the website said it was a 2 day event, which it wasn't, as evidenced by the LACK OF DUBSNORTH PEOPLE WHO FOR SOME UNGRATEFUL REASON COULDN'T SHOW UP AND HELP. Even on Sunday there was not enough help to run the event, as we called friends not even interested in VWs to help with registration.
We held 3 meetings for input over the summer and for those of you that did help(and you know who you are) a BIG THANK-YOU is in order. Especially Kevin and Judy who did all of the pre-show bullshit and Anthony for posting that GREAT website!
Next year you enthusiasts who want the show to go on best pony up before the show and offer assistance to Kevin, as he has a full plate to deal with, and I don't think Judy wants or has the time it takes to make the calls for donations, door prizes and making out entry forms. A chore that went on for a solid month before the show.
Field Days wants the show to come back. Unfortunately they don't have the manpower to run registration and judging, but welcome the help of those that do to come and help.
Enough of my venting :x

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:37 am 

well its good to see that the Field days wants it to come back again next year, so we will have plenty of time to get things better organized for it...I would have been around for help Saturday but it was just a real busy week at work and was not gonna be able to take that day off.

Kevin did a good job on his part, but really had a lack of communication here on the forums.. So alot of people that did not have the benefit of going to a meeting or 2 did not know much about what was going on other then just show up.

Sorry you guys had to work more then you wanted, but would not have happened with out it and hope it inspires a few others to wanna help and step in for next year. But I appreciate everything you guys accomplished in bringing it back from the dead and now time to help in handing the reigns off.

The show will only get better if we get all the info, good and bad, and work on making the changes to make it better for the next one. So, if you got any more to vent about how the backend of the show was working, please do, so we can work on turning that around for next year

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14