DubsNorth

Vermont Based VW & Audi Club
It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: ATTENTION dubsnorth
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:34 pm 
DN Member
DN Member

so i did venture up to the site of the johnson show and here's the skinny, it will happen this year, but if it doesn't beark even, or post a proffit or there is a huge party saturday (camping) and complains from the houses across the street we blew our one chance...

there was a lot of interst in this, key werd, was i know there's heavy drinking to do and projects that need to be inored as much as the next person, but there really NEEDS to be a more serious involvement from this club if we as vermonters ever want to see this show again... my least favorite quote on this subject is, "if there's a show, yeah i might show up..."

jim (ssvolvo) used to help organize it and he and his wife have hepled a lot thus far, they'd like to be out of the helping loop in years to come... as a BTW jim is a phenominal mechanic, his level of perfection make jodi look like a total hack, any way they would liek to get a meeting together in chittenden county because north hyde park is so far away for all of us, that's beyond considerate, they'd like to see the show happen again, but they don't want to run or organize or promote it.

it's do or die time kids, once there are flyers we need to slap 'em on cars and post 'em around town... saturday before the show we need helpers to set up, and then sunday break down...

i'd like there to be a VT show, and if anyone else would too we, as a club need to put down the bottle, be less full of ourselves and make this happen, i know i'm an asshole, and there's a reason, we all talk a mean game about getting stuff done, myself included, but our follow through as a whole, well sucks... let's not screw this up. as soon as details are posted, please respond with real, not half ass intentions of being part of this process. please participate, there are loads of badass aircooleds, dying to go show thenselves off somewhere else... plus all that we as a club have to offer in terms of rides...

i'm an asshole nothing new.

take this seriously, i am.

Post subject: Re: ATTENTION dubsnorth
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:05 pm 

I am looking forward to see stuff get moving... Not sure how the meeting went this past saturday as I had other engagements, but some of the future items to be done were gonna be based off what Kevin got done

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:34 pm 

When the flyers a situated , if nobody minds I could print some up and post em up all over my neck of the woods ?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:04 pm 

I went to the last meeting but I don't see where I can really help. I've spead the word to as many people I could contact. If I could get some flyers I could cover alot of the state driving to school and visiting friends while I'm home. Please let me know where I can help I would love to see this happen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:50 pm 
DN Member
DN Member

this needs to be a sticky at the top.

i'm bumping it up.

Pete Do we want VW's from southern states to show up at the first one? not sure how roudy these guys down here could get if they decided to ride up. i mean between steph and i i bet we could plaster the mid-atlantic reagion with flyiers, but if it will actualy do anything...that will be left to be seen.

And we might not want to be i'll prepaired for a huge number of cars that could result from it....could be a good thing..could be bad...not sure...but the more people the more profit i guess.

hell i'd even take one for the team and put up some fliers in Dirty Jersey....maybe hand them out at waterfest or soemthing....that would get the word out to peopel who venture to shows. or maybe a bug out. or just put up posters at englishtown.

Steph, anything to add?

EDit:

Maybe we could get John At Fast Addiction to put Johnson fliers in with the stuff he ships out. that would help get the word out to people who would be willing to go, at least it would start a word of mouth outside of Vermont as well as inside Vermont with people not comming to the forum.

Last edited by o'trebla on Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:58 pm 
DN Member
DN Member

I'd support it and go with the smoking blue wagon, but hell it's a bit of a drive. I would love to see VT maintain a real show with the support of DN. Come on folks, get your nice cars, ugly cars, broken cars, 3 wheel'd swiss cheese floor'd drooping taillight'd holey exhaust'd coughing sputtering shiftboxes up to the show

ends up in my driveway or garage...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:03 pm 
DN Member
DN Member

oh, and i guess i could leave fliers at World Impex and NGP since they are close to me, maybe they would seld them with their orders aswell.

I know Impex has those postcards on their counters for Dubs on the Lake = Dubs on the Beach, and Waterfest and H20. hell i even get them in the mail from attending the show.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:22 pm 
DN Member
DN Member

...must continue working on death 90.......must get running for show.....must not sleep......ever...... :obsessed:

-been reduced to daily driving a 59hp mk2 jetta :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:35 pm 
DN Member
DN Member

i reported this thread days ago and asked for it to be deleted.

as for fliers and participation, i've told a few HC aircooled people and they are stoked, one even had a "flier" with the 14th circled on it and is awaiting fliers to be made to help disttribute, he even said he'd come to the CC "meeting" if he and his wife didn't have out of town plans, he's not even in the club...

interested partys are already involved. this thread is worthless...

this thread should be watched for updates
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8134
it's dissapointing there aren't current updates as to the meeting with the woman incharge of franklin county field days, what admission is etc, but kevin is heading this not, i. i'll sit back and help and promote in my own way, but i'm not twisting anyone's arm to help or partisipate or help out.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:33 pm 

almstvw wrote:
this thread should be watched for updates
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8134
it's dissapointing there aren't current updates as to the meeting with the woman incharge of franklin county field days, what admission is etc, but kevin is heading this not, i. i'll sit back and help and promote in my own way, but i'm not twisting anyone's arm to help or partisipate or help out.

Ya, kiinda hard to know what is going on if no one reports what happened....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:24 pm 
DN Member
DN Member

well that's kevin's deal. i reported monday, now really, as in monday he should have.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:05 pm 

Pete: what's the (proposed) date for this?

Can the wiring go into the cabby so I'd have something to drive there besides Chris' Volvo with the weird 1-2 shift? That was fun on Rt17, I can tell you...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:11 pm 
DN Member
DN Member

Dino wrote:
Pete: what's the (proposed) date for this?

Can the wiring go into the cabby so I'd have something to drive there besides Chris' Volvo with the weird 1-2 shift? That was fun on Rt17, I can tell you...

could try... NA style as in non-turbo. could shoot for it... your also welcome to drive anything at the house that runs and stops...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:46 pm 

I no longer have a VW but can a motorcyle join in? Also if needed I can help out with fliers down here (rutland)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:11 am 
DN Member
DN Member

I think/believe that if people want to "get Vermont on the map"...getting this done...and not just done, but with a bang...is the way for Vermont to get on the map. DN's "map status" would just be soon to follow.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next