DubsNorth

Vermont Based VW & Audi Club
It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Johnson 2009
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:28 pm 
DN Admin
DN Admin

Who is running the show and what can we (DN) do to help make it a success? I'm normally a really busy person (like everyone else) but when motivated, I can make things happen.

Post subject: Re: Johnson 2009
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:51 am 
DN Member
DN Member

Hey, maybe I can actually make it this yr! :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:49 am 
DN Member
DN Member

as i left, i was told they need help setting up and breaking down for it to stay a show. DN's colabritive FAIL at helping, "tell your friends we need more help, i don't mind helping out, with the planning, but i wanna sit out and have other people do the manual work."

if i was his age i'd want to have some younger people who said they would help and wanted the show back to do just that.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:52 am 
DN Member
DN Member

i'd have no problem doing some manual setup/teardown labor.

-been reduced to daily driving a 59hp mk2 jetta :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:22 am 

Hi all,

Just wondering whats happening with the show this year? I am updating the website and will be posting pictures of last years. Let's get this thing going! Anyone down with setting up a meeting?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:59 am 
DN Member
DN Member

Fuzz VW wrote:
Hi all,

Just wondering whats happening with the show this year? I am updating the website and will be posting pictures of last years. Let's get this thing going! Anyone down with setting up a meeting?

This is a good question, was wondering what was going on myself. Someone should get ahold of Kevin and see if he is going to take the leed this year, or if someone else needs to do so. I had some contact info for him somewhere, I will see if I can get ahold of him and report back with an update.

Played out and hated in the North Country

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:04 pm 
DN Member
DN Member

ya man, we also need to support this show if we want it to happen again. last years dubsnorth as a whole kinda dropped the ball,

I think there might need to be a format change tho. I dont want someone to have to stand at the gate all day letting cars in, i dont know what the best way to do it would be but we should figure out a way to make it less work for the people at the gates and such. lats year for those that dont know the people at the gates were freinds of SSvolvo and the old school air cooled peoples, and they pritty much worked the gate all day for nothing.

maybe a admitting from 8:00 to 1:00, and 5 or shifts of two people. people that do a shift get in for free, plus a burger drink and fries on the house. something like that. maybe thats too much I dont know?

also simplifying the registration, I can see why we would have modified and stock for air cooled, but I dont think there are meny unmodified water cooleds out there. maybe one prize for best unmodified water cooled instead of a unmodified trophy for every car type.

and maybe some fun trophys , a rust rod trophy for air and water comes to mind. lowist car of the show?

Germans take a stupid idea and refine it to where it works beautifully. Americans take a brillant idea and cheapen it until it sucks. Italians make it beautiful, but might not work. Brits make it ugly, and it might not work. Japanese copy whatever works

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:22 pm 
DN Admin
DN Admin

Getting more involved in the forefront of the event design and becoming active members in all discussion (i.e. involved party) will give us buy-in to the event, and therefore, personal owership. Short version: Make it your own by getting involved.

Good time to start planning.... where/when? My house in Milton is always available.

Steve

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:00 pm 
DN Member
DN Member

Elmer Fudd wrote:
also simplifying the registration, I can see why we would have modified and stock for air cooled, but I dont think there are meny unmodified water cooleds out there. maybe one prize for best unmodified water cooled instead of a unmodified trophy for every car type.

and maybe some fun trophys , a rust rod trophy for air and water comes to mind. lowist car of the show?

if you had come to any meetings, you'd know how simple the classes were last year vurses previous years, i think the classes were very fair and abreviated from prior years.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:41 pm 
DN Member
DN Member

almstvw wrote:
Elmer Fudd wrote:

if you had come to any meetings, you'd know how simple the classes were last year vurses previous years, i think the classes were very fair and abreviated from prior years.

I did go to the ones I could make it to. I missed the early ones.

Germans take a stupid idea and refine it to where it works beautifully. Americans take a brillant idea and cheapen it until it sucks. Italians make it beautiful, but might not work. Brits make it ugly, and it might not work. Japanese copy whatever works

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:10 pm 

I would like to help out this year.

On the trophies for other things like lowest, ratlook, most hp ect. instead of buying more plaques, we could make custom ones like blown piston, scrapping block, a pile of rust :lol: ect.

when more is learned about when ,how ect. i still like crowd voting for a small show like this.
seperation of the car were spot on , just not a big turn out to fill the classes.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:15 am 
DN Member
DN Member

trickgti wrote:
I would like to help out this year.

On the trophies for other things like lowest, ratlook, most hp etc. instead of buying more plaques, we could make custom ones like blown piston, scrapping block, a pile of rust :lol: etc.

when more is learned about when ,how etc. i still like crowd voting for a small show like this.
seperation of the car were spot on , just not a big turn out to fill the classes.

agreed, but the weather sucked, and there was little notice to the masses... ie: just a few months

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:06 am 

Steve, Pete, lets do this! I am down with meeting in Milton. This show should be all set up by now. We need to start advertising. I'll contact Kevin!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:24 am 
DN Admin
DN Admin

Sounds good. I def. want to be involved!

Steve

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:44 am 
DN Member
DN Member

sooner i know time or place the sooner i can make arangements to come

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next