DubsNorth

Vermont Based VW & Audi Club
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
 Post subject: Re: 82 4door rabbit TD
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 7:42 am 
DN Admin
DN Admin

squattro wrote:
he would fill his skinny jeans if he laid eyes on that saw.

True story.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:27 am 

Guess I should work on this pile since it'll hopefully be spring again someday.
First move snow with '53 ford and my home made rear mounted manual angle plow
put all my vintage iron junk outside for a minute
make a work area around said pile
removed my old IC and putting in this "new" ebay rotary intercooler. It's supposed to be one of the better flowing oem units out there, and was cheap. Much larger than my last gsx ic.
plan to clean up some wiring, re-do all IC pipes and clean things up under there. I also purchased a mechanical TDI pump from the UK. It's from a rover 2.5tdi. Considering throwing that on to allow for screw driver tuning, despite having gone through all the work for make this electronic. I just miss the days of one wire running and being able to turn up or down my fuel depending how egts are on the hills.
More to follow, going to cut the hood bigger and make a new duct too. Need to install new camber plates, brakes, and wheel bearings while it's all apart as well.

Last edited by dsldubn on Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:31 pm 
DN Admin
DN Admin

Last two photos are the same..... :thpt:

Like the Ford (8N?). My father has 8N with blade, 3-point hitch bucket, etc.... that was fun when growing up.

He has been using the Diesel 4x4 Kubota with front bucket and rear excavator for the last few years....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:26 am 

fixed it. Other pics didn't come out, but I'll get some of the new plates (from Poland of all places) and should have some pics of tig'ed together aluminum junk I'm building soon too

it's pretty much an 8n...but actually a NAA, '53 Golden Jubilee. This one had a front bucket on it when I bought it, but I took it off because it was clumsy and heavy. The tractor is so much more maneuverable without it. I bought this thing in the summer after it'd been sitting in a field for like 6 years with no start...got dropped off at the place with 5 gallons of gas, tools, and a fire extinguisher...got it running, greased it up, and drove it home 10 miles. The sellers questioned my sanity.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:46 am 

and some progress...got some intercooler bits welded on and pointing the right way. Big thanks to Scott at Race Metalsmiths helping me out with the welding as I still suck at aluminum. I hacked the end tank and put that 90 bend on there and we filled a bunch of other holes that won't be needed. This IC is much bigger than my last, hope it helps
This week I'll work on the mounts in the car. Also got a new injection pump Friday...just have to decide if I actually want to try it or not now

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:06 am 

I know no one checks this, but I use it to keep track of what I did when, so might continue until the place dissolves completely
bye pretty naca duct I spent so much time on...time for bigger one that will likely be less pretty because I really only care about function now. bigger ic needs more air

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:46 am 
DN Admin
DN Admin

I keep updating my thread here and other sites to keep track of what I have done.

I haven't worked on my car in a while....

Glad to see someone is making progress for the hillclimb season.

Steve

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21