DubsNorth

Vermont Based VW & Audi Club
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:12 am 
DN Member
DN Member

My borrowed time has run out. The head gaskets on my 2007 6.0 PSD are pooched. Trying to find a shop who is willing to lift the cab and pull the heads is proving difficult. Any one have any suggestions for a shop who is willing to do the work, has done the work before and can do it for under the what the dealer charges? I am in Fairfax, but will travel just about anywhere to get the job done right.

To promote forum life I will post many pictures and videos of super smoking redneck burnouts and rolling coal as soon as truck is back up to fighting status.

Shea

You dont have to work at a place you love, just work at a place you can stand that enables you to do the things you love.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:32 am 
Skipper
Skipper

FWIW, I know Nate's Auto has done the job before.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:14 pm 
DN Admin
DN Admin

Shea. You said in another forum that you were leaning towards G Stone. I purchased my truck there and was impressed with the place and the people. I have not been there for service for my truck, but that is the only place my father goes for his truck. He purchased it there and has it serviced there for years.... of course, he is retired and has the time to make the trip while most of us are still working.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:46 am 
DN Member
DN Member

yup dropping off at G stone this monday and leaving it for the week since its 30+ hours in labor. I was really impressed with their service manager Vince, he broke the quote down and had no problem with me bringing my own ARP studs...and some new turbo parts...figured while they have it all apart it would be irresponsible of me to not up the boost.

The guy Tim recommended just called me back yesterday, i guess his voice mail through fairpoint was inaccessible for 2 weeks...i had already made my g stone apt. Looking at some new tunes now too.

You dont have to work at a place you love, just work at a place you can stand that enables you to do the things you love.